So my little girl comes home from day care the other day with a magic wand… this was a stick painted gold… it looked surprisingly enchanted! So I think to myself, I have wood and resin and glitter, time for some magic (or experiments)
So I cut some timber and mixed some resin…
Things were looking hopeful but you would be surprised how well resin flows, particularly flows out of where it is supposed to be and onto the bench… after a top up and a wee whizz on the lathe we have magic prototype number 1:
With a few upgrades to the process (and the construction of some new tools for working with hard resin and soft timber at the same time) I have managed these:
I think it’s a pretty good start!