So i have been waiting to find some good stock to make a dice cup from… Generally i dont buy timber to use on the lathe because, well, im not really very good… So i use timber that i have laying around. This means that, generally, the timber im using in the lathe is pretty sub par. this piece is no exception. It does mean, however, that this little cup has some pretty crazy features in the wood…
I made a little stop motion of the process:
you might notice that at one stage i take the piece off the lathe and then put it back on… at that point i took it off the face plate and microwave dried it… if your into lathing and you haven’t tried this, its really easy and pretty effective!
heres the finished product